Durkan & Sons secured the contract to provide groundworks on the new 436,000 sq ft Vantec 3 warehouse at Washington near Sunderland. The project, lasting approximately 6 months, saw Durkan & Sons successfully complete a wide scope of Civil Engineering works.
During the project, various challenges were overcome including groundwater, which required the installation of a full-time dewatering system during construction work.
what we did
- Excavations across the site
- Installation of a Tubosider water attenuation system.
- Excavation and installation of large diameter deep drainage
- Pile cropping and construction of RC pile caps.
- Reinforced Foundations and slabs
- Provision of ducting for site services and M&E.
- External works including road construction, car parks and concrete aprons.
- Oil Interceptor Installations
- QMax Linear Drainage Installation